Each season Belk brings you the “it” list — the go-to items that will update your wardrobe in an instant. This spring, boring is not an option.
1. Openwork: Punctuate any look with something delicate, light and airy. Choose peek-a-boo textiles like lace, crochet or macramé.
2. Wide leg pants: Inspired by the 1970s, this bottom invites you to play with new proportions. Count on an away-from-the-body silhouette to marry style and comfort.
3. Color block: Modern blocks of color enhance and update any look, any garment — from tops and skirts to shoes and handbags.
4. Colored bottom: Denim goes full spectrum this spring. Bottoms in bold blues, red, kelly green and pink are fashionista favorites.
5. Boxy top: Shape says it all. East/west silhouettes, exaggerated sleeves and uneven hems are a few of the architectural details that define this modern top.
6. Fashion wedge: Find your footing. With unexpected embellishments, mixed materials and a range of heel heights, the wedge is THE shoe for spring.
7. Striped dress: Stripes are the hype, the bolder, the better. Bring it on with bicolor and multicolor patterns that deliver high impact.
8. The long skirt: The fashion world is fascinated with new, longer lengths — edgy or ethereal, pleated or trim and tailored.
9. New cardi: The cardigan is still fashion’s favorite completer piece. Longer lengths, new shapes and elegant open work refresh this important mainstay.
10. Statement necklace: Magnificent metals, 3-D flowers, tribal inspired beads and baubles — that’s the long and short of necklaces for spring.
Belk at Greenville Mall, 714 S.E. Greenville Blvd., 355-8000 or www.belk.com