• A pair of reliable tweezers. (You may roll up on a rogue hair that simply needs to go)
• Solar Oil!! (This oil by Creative Nail Design instantly makes your nails feel and look better.)
• A hand-held mirror. (Give the back of your head a once over before sharing it with everyone else. And with the popularity of the braid on the rise, you can make sure it is exactly the way you like it.)
• A good mascara. (Even if this is the only makeup you wear, it can make a yoga pant day feel a little dressed up)
• A great neutral lip gloss. (Make your baseball hat day just a little shinier)
• An inspirational quote or note. (Helps you make it through the day. Here’s one of my favorites: “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” Mark Twain)
— Julie Hildebrand, Greenville’s A Perfect Ten Salon, 102-A Victoria Court, 551-5830.
• Alternas Translucent Dry Shampoo
• Alternas Caviar Working Hair Spray
• Ceramic Paddle Brush by Olivia Garden
• Acqua DiGio perfume
• My devotional by Joyce Meyer
• A note pad to jot down the day’s thoughts
• A water (before I have my coffee)
— Sarah Schroko, Schroko’s Hair Studio, 304 S. Evans St., 754-2552.
• Lancome’s Genefique Serum Concentrate
• Clarifying cleansing wash for makeup removal/clearing dirt out of pores (I like Philosophy’s Purity or Lancome’s Creme Radiance Clarifying Cleanser)
• Great toner for removing excess oil and tightening pores (I like Neaclear’s Liquid Oxygen Facial Toner)
• The perfect red lipstick (like MAC’s Russian Red/Rouge a Levres Matte Lipstick or Lancome’s Rouge Saint Honore)
• An excellent fast-drying topcoat for manicure touch-ups (such as Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat)
• A great moisturizer (like Juice Beauty’s Oil-Free Moisturizer for my oily girls, Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar for girls in need of some hydration, and Philosophy’s Miracle Worker for those needing maximum hydration)
• A fabulous mascara (Lancome’s Hypnose Doll Lashes for definition; Benefit’s They’re Real for volume)
— Greenville professional makeup artist Jennifer Claude, MakeupArtbyjclaude@gmail.com, 227-0835.
• A sweet perfume
• Mascara to lengthen your lashes and make you look more awake
• Concealer to brighten your under-eye area
• A big barrel curling iron for extra hair volume or a straightener for curly hair
• Loose powder foundation for an all-over even skin tone
• Blush to give you a nice rosy winter glow
• Tweezers for those eyebrow hairs that grew over night
• A non-greasy lotion for these colder winter days
— Mika Rogerson, Boulevard Hair Company, 218 E. Arlington Blvd., 325-5530.