58°
Weather by

View Full Forecast

Login | Register

facebook Icon rss Icon twitter Icon

Spam solution

Back to Forum: Greenville News Board
62 replies [Last post]

WK5
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 2 2010
I'm sifting through a posting here and there, as the long days of summer and its busy projects and things to do roll along. I'm also inbetween good reading materials... so trying to catch up here. One thing seems reasonable to me and that is that MIKE deserves a pat on the back. He seems to have almost entirely on his own... worked tirelessly all these weeks turning to months to keep some sort of oxygen in this little box of public square opinionating. Trying to keep it going... He deserves a note of thanks. (No, I'm not buttering you up Mike... just extending an olive branch and recognizing if you had not tried so hard - this message board would have been done already - so thanks, because I've been too busy to check/keep up with it) Locals... its important for you all to speak up and your options are getting hindered to test your positions on the issues which do matter to you and all a great deal. So help Mike keep it going. Liberals? Get back here and live up to what your hypocritical claims suggest! Conservatives? Don't get too busy or Pollyannish to bother... Thanks Mike.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst." C.S. Lewis
Blush......nice of you to say, WK........Mikey does love this sandbox.......
spinoza
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Nov 7 2012
If the spam problem has been quelled for now, why not unsticky the threads and let the ones with a natural interest in them float to the top and hang around, or drift away, leaving the threads that are active, thereby letting the non-sticky threads hang around on page 1 longer. Just a thought....You can always sticky back up these threads if the spam returns....
spinoza wrote:
If the spam problem has been quelled for now, why not unsticky the threads and let the ones with a natural interest in them float to the top and hang around, or drift away, leaving the threads that are active, thereby letting the non-sticky threads hang around on page 1 longer. Just a thought....You can always sticky back up these threads if the spam returns....
Mikey kinda likes the new format..........We had too many new threads before.......it was distracting.............junk mail, if you will.........not as bad as the spambots, but cumbersome nonetheless........... The stickies cover most of the thought pattern, here..........folks that want to play can play.............And if there is a need for a new topic, we still have that, too.........I like keeping the spambot " wall " in place........We keep the illegals out............too bad we don't treat our Southern border the same way, lol..........
I95
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
I stopped. It was fun but it was the same old thing over and over. I giant wheel where if one stayed long enough one found oneself having the exact same argument often with the same person. I would encourage liberals to stay away unless one has fond memories if the Junior High play ground (which is to say I don't know anyone who does)because other than a few bright spots that's about all your going to get. Many on here can dish out the insults without much thought but really cant take it should you dish it back. So even on that level its not fun. On the bright side the language is clean and nobody physically threatens anyone (at least not any more) but really unless you are a conservative, spend a lot of time on conservative web sites, its just the same stuff.
Mike13
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Aug 8 2013
WK5 wrote:
I'm sifting through a posting here and there, as the long days of summer and its busy projects and things to do roll along. I'm also inbetween good reading materials... so trying to catch up here. One thing seems reasonable to me and that is that MIKE deserves a pat on the back. He seems to have almost entirely on his own... worked tirelessly all these weeks turning to months to keep some sort of oxygen in this little box of public square opinionating. Trying to keep it going... He deserves a note of thanks. (No, I'm not buttering you up Mike... just extending an olive branch and recognizing if you had not tried so hard - this message board would have been done already - so thanks, because I've been too busy to check/keep up with it) Locals... its important for you all to speak up and your options are getting hindered to test your positions on the issues which do matter to you and all a great deal. So help Mike keep it going. Liberals? Get back here and live up to what your hypocritical claims suggest! Conservatives? Don't get too busy or Pollyannish to bother... Thanks Mike.
Couldn't help but notice what a nice post this was by WK......... ;-)
Mike13
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Aug 8 2013
I95 wrote:
I stopped. It was fun but it was the same old thing over and over. I giant wheel where if one stayed long enough one found oneself having the exact same argument often with the same person. I would encourage liberals to stay away unless one has fond memories if the Junior High play ground (which is to say I don't know anyone who does)because other than a few bright spots that's about all your going to get. Many on here can dish out the insults without much thought but really cant take it should you dish it back. So even on that level its not fun. On the bright side the language is clean and nobody physically threatens anyone (at least not any more) but really unless you are a conservative, spend a lot of time on conservative web sites, its just the same stuff.
Let's see, how's that saying go..........There's two lies told, I don't and I've stopped.....bahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhahhahahahhahahaha Welcome back, pdy.........Haint seen you in a coons age, my friend..........I know you're busy and all, but please don't be such a slave to your ambitions..........The box is lean on libs these days, so you could rule the plantation, lol...........It seems the primary survivors after the attack of the spambots were conservatives.........of some stripe at least..........All we do is fight amongst ourselves, mostly.........which isn't a bad thing..........iron sharpeneth iron kinda deal I hope.......... Do drop by, good buddy.........I'm about to get bored crushing PCP, WK, and maybe a few others in debates on liberty and small government and how the GOP has been exposed as Democrat Light..........Two parties are really one.........Witness the fierce attack on Boehner and Ryan in the past few days..........It will not end well for the elephants, would you agree? Fiscal conservatives, tea partiers, libertarians, and small government folks in general are, I believe, leaving the tent in droves........We may see a third party, we may just see the collapse of the GOP in '16.........50 million staying home this time instead of me and 10 million others last time..........That's right, official count is in.........Exactly 10,000,001 conservatives ( of some type ) skipped the Mitt Mormon show in 2012.......I'm predicting the number will at least double in '16 unless Rand Paul is the guy, but what do I know..........I'm just a nutjob out here who wants DC to only spend the money we give 'em..........Crazy huh? Moan back, holmes........I need a challenge.........Deros must be playin' with himself all the time cuz he never has time for us...........And I sense my work with the big spending elephants in here is near conclusion.......I check out the editorials and letters so I've seen you slummin', lol.......But you know how it is there, kind of one and done..........Much more continuity in the sandbox.........if you come back, we'll be that much more diverse..........do consider, now.........Heck, I'll tell eq to lay off the she bro jokes, too..........promise............
Mike13
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Aug 8 2013
Eq, lay off the she bro jokes........
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Mike13 wrote:
I'm just a nutjob out here who wants DC to only spend the money we give 'em..........Crazy huh?
It's pretty stupid. Actually, I will be kinder and just say monumentally naive. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2012/07/18/why-you-should-love-government-deficits/ http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=30&p=3 http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/opinion/krugman-dwindling-deficit-disorder.html?_r=0
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Mike13
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Aug 8 2013
Dr. Spatic wrote:
It's pretty stupid. Actually, I will be kinder and just say monumentally naive. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2012/07/18/why-you-should-love-government-deficits/ http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=30&p=3 http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/opinion/krugman-dwindling-deficit-disorder.html?_r=0
Oh, I get it.......You're one of those big government guys who thinks DC is supposed to do more than national defense and interstate commerce regulation.......Favors nanny state over self reliance.......Thinks Sam can feed the multitudes on the backs of workers forever......LOL, and you're calling Mike13 naive........ It's gotta be the tights........You need to update your super hero wardrobe, Doc........bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha

NCAA

Bless your heart
Bless your heart