58°
Weather by

View Full Forecast

Login | Register

facebook Icon rss Icon twitter Icon

Caldwell County fire destroys 100-year-old house

The Associated Press

0 Comments | Leave a Comment


LENOIR, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in Caldwell County say a vent in a clothes dryer is to blame for a fire that destroyed a 100-year-old house.


The Charlotte Observer reports (http://bit.ly/LVkx3R ) that the couple and two children who live in the two-story, wooden frame house in the Little River community were not injured and were not at home when the fire occurred Saturday.

Caldwell County Fire Marshal Robbie Wilkie said the family had left a load of laundry in the clothes dryer and left their home. Wilkie said a passerby noticed the flames. Firefighters were on their way just before 11 a.m. when the homeowner noticed smoke nearby and returned home. By then, the house was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters were rotated to fight the blaze as a result of the heat.

___

Information from: The Charlotte Observer, http://www.charlotteobserver.com

NCAA

Bless your heart
Bless your heart